The data have been made a statement over the internet. What decisions they support to, they are matchless and transformative. Lots of businesses agree over this fact. They are experiencing a makeover. Certainly, its credit goes to data-driven intelligence. However, technologies do play a vital role. It is bridging gap between unawareness and intelligence.
Consider this scenario-What if you don’t have data? Where will you get insight from then?
Most probably, the concept of APIs would be an outcome of such critical situation, wherein data were invulnerable. Thanks to APIs! The providers of virtual assistant services are seeking it a silver lining. They are digging remotely located data warehouses through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) Are Data Pullers:
You can assume API as a tunnel that links to databases of various websites or applications. The mastermind programmers write scripts in Python or R or any other languages. This is how they set a link to communicate with the targeted APIs and extract the intended data.
In essence, they are the intermediary software, which starts communicating with the destination websites/applications. This is how pulling data, exchanging information, and allowing pass-through transactions become no big deal over the internet. Even, the cloud applications have made it like a walkover. Now, abiding by the data compliance directives is enough to interact with intended data repository in the cloud ecosystem. Moreover, the programmer can easily effectuate that code, and manipulate data while countering basic errors.
How does a virtual assistant get data via APIs for consulting?
The Internet of Thing (IoT) has captivated us. Siri, Cortana and now, Apple-they are forerunner virtual assistants that develop interactive scenarios. Here again, the data is what their devices feed on. These data chunks are essential to let machine learning roll out with several breakthroughs consistently.
But, it cannot be possible unless data are there to churn through. While keeping it into account, RapidAPI-the world’s largest API marketplace displayed 25 acquisitions in 2018. The biggest deals took place between MuleSoft & Salesforce, PayU & Zooz and Twilio & SendGrid for APIs. They are the giants of their domain that have expertise over manipulating data. Eventually, this practice brings about game changing trends, which often multiply revenue by manifolds, create intelligence to convert a business into a cash cow and evolve solutions for addressing B2B and B2C challenges.
Are you wondering how it happens?
Get through the features that developers and business analysts together utilize for extracting data via APIs:
- Processing Natural Language: The data can be found in audios, as in Siri, Home and Echo (smart) devices. The processing of natural language is carried out in these three steps-voice recognition, understanding natural language and conversational capacity.
The voice recognition translates voice to text or text to voice. On the other hand, comprehending natural language assists in deriving meaning and intention of voice commands. Eventually, the conversational capacity deals with generating appropriate responses through different modes.
- Interacting With Conversational Platforms: It enables the bots to convert and distribute information through chat application, for example-Line, Facebook Messenger etc.
- Translating Multiple Languages: It deals with different languages and their translation.
2. Training: This step is brought about by the agent. The developer trains and tries out an agent for incorporating with APIs of an application.
3. Interpretation: The user’s conversation or message is a composition of keywords/ concepts that carry the summary or the main idea. The API passes those keywords to business analyst for determining the gist.
4. Responding: Once the information is understood, the appropriate model is prepared as a relevant response. It sticks around the intentions of the users.
5. Contextual Presentation: It is a crucial step. An “Apple” could resonate with a brand and a fruit. The point of concern is to put forward the context what you’re asking about. This step represents the context that the user has expressed.
In the nutshell, APIs are the pipes to channelize information to and fro between various software/ application elements. The developers and business analysts together compute inputs and outputs of the data that are driven from diverse websites. This is how the data are extracted to feed the funnel of data processing for carrying out data mining.