Is your online traffic sliding down?
It’s no big deal. Just browse your website analysis report. Login your Google Analytics account. Keenly observe the pattern of its traffic flow. If its graph is curving down, it takes a wink to think that its visits are diverting somewhere else.
Have you looked into its reason?
Recently, Google introduced Mobile-First Indexing. This update helped to rank up the websites with a great mobile-friendliness. The search engine bots now crawl in and index through its mobile version. However, its desktop version is also referred afterwards. But eventually, what users experience through a mobile website will come in a win-win situation.
It indicates that you should have a squarely optimized Mobile SEO website. If you don’t have, get ready to encounter its downside. Alongside, there is one more fact that your site’s top ranking depends not only on this update, but it also relates to some other factors. Among them, on-page mobile SEO is crucial.
So! Have you done it? If not yet, these are a few SEO tips and techniques that can scale up your website in SERPs.
1. Optimize for mobile users:
Here, you should keep a few things in your mind.
- First and foremost, your website should be responsive. If you have a dynamic website, make sure that its URL should be similar to its mobile version and desktop version.
- Then, thoroughly check whether or not its Meta description and title tags are optimized.
- The title and the URL should sound similar. It should be crisp, searchable and contextual to the page.
- Check, if the format of your content looks similar.
These factors send a positive signal to the search engine bots. Thereby, they conveniently register any new entry for searches on the digital platform. If you, anyhow, serve the similar excellent user experience to your mobile as well as desktop users, it’ll be a Eureka moment for you.
2. Structured data:
Is your website data an error free relational database?
Can users search it like a walkover?
Do Google algorithms find it straightforward?
These are the necessities of the structured data. Closely observe the snippets that Google searches show. Sometimes, it shows the snippets of the post that ranks 4 or 5 or more than that. The selection completely depends on how much easy, informative and powerful the content is.
It’s a blunder if your mobile and desktop website data differ in looks. The mobile searches are phenomenally high presently. If you look into the comscore’s data on smartinsight, it explicitly shows that mobile users consume more than 2 minutes as compared to the desktop users.
In the nutshell, it’s your best luck if you capitalize on the rich snippets. The CTR of your content would be higher. Therefore, you won’t require sweating on computing benefits out of other marketing methods. To ensure its structured format, you can use Google’s structured data testing tool. It would detect loops in your content’s markup. This is how you can beat the potential errors and warnings.
3. Pagination for mobiles:
Pagination assigns a sequence of numbers to your webpages. The web development companies paginate your content. But sometimes, they don’t do it for its mobile version. Hence, the mobile user traps in an endless scrolling on his mobile phone.
If you hand-on an infinite scrolling, you can identify that the pagination is missing or wrongly executed for its mobile version. Fix this issue before undergoing the mobile-first indexing of the Google. If the bot fails to crawl in its first page, your webpage will not be indexed.
With rel=prev and rel=next, you can automatically inform Google bots that pagination meta-tags are spread across the pan website.
If you want to switch to any content online, hit the hyperlink. It’s a link that enables you to navigate through.
- Internal Links: Be it you or the search engine bots, there should have a link to crawl through. This is why the web owners play to a trick of internal linking.
- PageRank (PR): It’s a determinant of the quality and quantity of links. Larry Page and Sergey Brin evolved it. The good backlinks are the link juices that supply the leads and conversions to the web owner. A website can have an adverse impact, if its PR is not as rich and qualitative as for the desktop version. Therefore, check it for sure. Embed the quality backlinks to your internal webpages.
- Fewer Links on Mobile is a Problem: The interaction to a mobile screen is completely different from the desktop screen. It’s a can of worms to embed and mange a huge list of backlinks for its mobile version. In all, it requires a different distribution of links for the mobile SEO. Meantime, the deeper pages suffer a lot. The web developers can’t integrate a long list of quality juice links into the mobile website.
- Testing: If you really want to rank up, timely detect the links embedded to your deeper mobile webpages. You can use tools, like Sitebulb or DeepCrawl, to test it.
Digitally, it’s difficult to tell the bots to crawl which pages. To resolve it, Google came with the Robot.txt protocol. Thereby, it has become a piece of cake to set up the interaction between the web crawlers & the website.
Many of the web owners run their websites on a subdomain, like www.blogspot.abc.com. Drill in your head that you should have the same robot.txt file for both, mobile phone and desktop. Make sure that dofollow and nofollow or any other directives would be similar for both devices.